latest changes

Hi,

I've checked in several more changes today:

- the security problems with the environment variables reported earlier today
  should be fixed.

- the ststr() in the i386/i486/bits/string.h should now really work

- Andreas J. send lots of typo corrections and other manual changes based
  on a PR we got

- Philip had more ARM changes

- I've implemented the --ignore-rpath option for ld.so and added code to
  use it during the iconv tests.

Now that the kernel.org machine gets reinstalled it might again be
possible to update the CVS archive on this machine as well.  We'll see
tomorrow.

-- Uli