Re: RPATH overriding

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> Why not just use sonames like "iconv/libfoo.so.1"?

Would be a possiblity (after renaming the directory the files get
installed from /usr/lib/gconv to /usr/lib/iconvdata).  I do not really
like this and a general solution might be needed elsewhere.

> > Anybody having more possibilities?  Any preferences?
>
> You could add a variable that is an "override" search path used before all
> else.

Hhm, I do not really like this super-variable idea.  It might help
here put disturb us in another situation.  LD_BLACKLIST or so would be
a pinpoint solution.  But please convince me.

-- Uli