Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh

On 11/28/19 12:00 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During discussions over patch tracking systems on the glibc libc-alpha
> mailing list[1] we thought it would be a worthwhile experiment to try
> the latest patchwork to see if it fits our needs.  A quick look through
> the current instance on patchwork.sourceware.org indicates that none of
> the current projects (glibc, gdb, guix) are actively using the instance,
> so I will be nuking it and reinstalling it afresh.
>
> I intend to do this during the day of 1 Dec 2019, India time, so if
> there are any objections or if you would like to take backups, please do
> so before that.

I have no objection to nuking the entire state.

My only use of patchwork was to review old patches for a particular
subsystem. So for example when we were working on malloc changes I would
review what was in the backlog and do an update of all those bugs.

This was just a courtesy to users who had posted previous patches that
we'd never gotten around to fixing. I could do a similar query by just
looking back across the mailing list and grepping for "malloc" or
similar.

Carlos.