This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Improve bench-strstr
- From: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 00:11:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Improve bench-strstr
> The twoway_strstr is essentially the generic_strstr, I am failing to
> see the point of replicate it on bench-strstr.c
Well this goes back to the discussion about providing a meaningful baseline
when running the string benchmarks. I'm sure you've noticed my new proposed
strstr  and memmem  implementations which beat the existing Two-way
by a huge factor. So it's very useful to compare the new generic strstr with the
Two-way implementation as it was. If at some point we replace Two-way
altogether then it would make no sense to keep it in the benchmarks.