Re: 2 resolv tests timing out consistently

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 9:15 AM Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
> * Zack Weinberg:
> > resolv/tst-bug18665 and resolv/tst-resolv-search are consistently
> > failing for me on my development workstation [with a timeout]
> The network namespace has the side effect of disabling iptables for that
> namespace, in particular connection tracking.  It is possible that you
> run into a state table overflow.  Check for kernel error messages.

There are no kernel error messages. Also, I enabled unprivileged user
namespaces and the tests are still failing with the same timeout, plus
now nss/tst-nss-files-hosts-multi is also timing out and
nss/tst-nss-files-hosts-long is failing with "error:
tst-nss-files-hosts-long.c:35: ahostsv4 failed".

I'm really at a loss how to debug this - any other ideas?
zw