This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:32:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: Changes to "Contribution Checklist" -- Format of the contribution.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Should we move the contribution checklist to Git, so that it we can
> maintain it more easily?
I think documentation belongs in git *when it is tied to a particular
version of the source tree* (and so people working with an older source
tree version should be using the corresponding version of the
documentation). So documentation of the source tree structure belongs in
git (much of maint.texi is unfortunately rather out of date), but
descriptions of process for contributing do not.
Joseph S. Myers