This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Fix elfutils testsuite unwind failures.
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <jimw at sifive dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 00:01:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Fix elfutils testsuite unwind failures.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 4 Feb 2019, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Joseph Myers <email@example.com> writes:
> >> Hmm... that's new in gcc 5, so color me surprised. As that is glibc's
> >> minimum build version, I retract my comment.
> > It's a C99 feature that I implemented for GCC 3.0.
> Perhaps having it as the default is new in gcc 5 then. GCC 4 compiles
> without that feature by default:
Yes, the default standard version changed from -std=gnu89 to -std=gnu11 in
GCC 5. (glibc has used explicit -std= options to build for a long time:
2002-10-05 Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Makeconfig (CFLAGS): Prepend -std=gnu99.
(with later changes to add -fgnu89-inline, and to move to -std=gnu11).)
Joseph S. Myers