Re: Automating the maintenance of the ChangeLog file

On 21/11/18 10:55 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
That's good to know but I still think it's worth pushing forward
independently on process improvements that don't depend on a format
change.

It's worthwhile to give this a couple of weeks IMO, because enforcing process changes can be hard to implement consistently and I'd rather not write ChangeLogs. If there's no sign of agreement on the proposed script by mid-December, I'll make a proposal for workflow changes and scripting to make it happen. They can be exceptions to the freeze too since they don't affect functionality. That way we have more than a month and a half to hash it out.

But I am optimistic about the automatic ChangeLog generation...

Siddhesh