Re: Automating the maintenance of the ChangeLog file

On 21/11/18 7:43 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
Specifically, I propose:  Effective immediately, project policy
requires the Git commit message for each commit to end with the full
text of a traditional ChangeLog entry for that commit.  Most everyone

FWIW, this was my original proposal with a few more tags (Reviewed-By, Signed-off-by, etc.) because it potentially has far less friction than dropping the ChangeLog completely.

In fact it remains a fallback plan for me if the review for the current proposed script takes too long. I picked up 2.29 release management with the express intention of getting rid of the ChangeLog file, so I want to make sure that it happens in the next couple of months :)

Siddhesh