Re: [RFC] ChangeLog generation script

* Andreas Schwab:

> On Nov 21 2018, Szabolcs Nagy <Szabolcs.Nagy@arm.com> wrote:
>
>> well then those scripts don't solve the problem, we need a better one.
>
> It is impossible to fill the void automatically.

Most of us write the ChangeLog entries to comply with GNU policy, not
because we find them useful.  If the GNU organization says that the
script output is sufficient, than we don't need to write them, even if
there is a slight information loss.

Instead we would have to focus during patch review that commit subject
and commit message are informative, which I think is more directly
beneficial to software maintenance anyway.

Thanks,
Florian