Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018, Daniel Colascione wrote:

> A good demonstration of a new commitment to pragmatism would be
> merging the trivial wrappers for gettid(2).

I support the addition of gettid (for use with those syscalls that take
tids, and with appropriate documentation explaining the properties of
tids) - and, generally, wrappers for all non-obsolescent
architecture-independent Linux kernel syscalls, including ones that are
very Linux-specific, except maybe for a few interfaces fundamentally
inconsistent with glibc managing TLS etc. - they are, at least, no worse
as a source of APIs than all the old BSD / SVID interfaces we have from
when those were used as sources of APIs.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com