This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Greg KH <gregkh at linuxfoundation dot org>
- Cc: Willy Tarreau <w at 1wt dot eu>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, "Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)" <mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com>, Daniel Colascione <dancol at google dot com>, linux-kernel <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, Joel Fernandes <joelaf at google dot com>, Linux API <linux-api at vger dot kernel dot org>, Vlastimil Babka <vbabka at suse dot cz>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 18:09:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?
- References: <CAKOZuesB4R=dCz4merWQN0FSCGrXmOgUUr4ienSbStBJguNv8g@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20181111081725.GA30248@1wt.eu> <email@example.com> <20181111111143.GB4189@1wt.eu> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20181111120910.GA4425@1wt.eu> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <20181112175305.GB15484@kroah.com>
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, Greg KH wrote:
> If there are still problems with this, please let us know and we will be
> glad to resolve them.
With headers installed from Linus's latest tree, I retried (for x86_64)
the case of a source file containing the single line
which (as previously discussed, and Arnd had an RFC patch) I want to use
in a glibc test of header consistency. It gives errors "unknown type name
'elf_greg_t'" etc. (for lots more types as well) - but even before getting
onto those errors, there's
asm/signal.h:127:2: error: unknown type name 'size_t'
from a header included from linux/elfcore.h. So this doesn't seem to be
working as I'd expect yet.
Joseph S. Myers