Re: Official Linux system wrapper library?

Daniel Colascione wrote:
This resistance to exposing the capabilities of
the system as they are, even in flawed and warty form, is what I meant
by "misplaced idealism" in my previous message.

With my application-developer hat on I prefer some resistance to flaws and warts, as the resistance gives me a better feel for which functions are problematic and which can be used more reliably. If glibc is missing Linux syscall functionality that I really need then I can use syscall (with the usual caveats) and I've done that on occasion (and have regretted it later too :-). It is helpful for glibc to prefer mild curation to slavishly copying an API that can be a bit helter-skelter at times.