This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: x86-64 prelink support for TLS dialect gnu2
- From: Steven Newbury <steven dot newbury at googlemail dot com>
- To: schwab at suse dot de
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 17:13:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: x86-64 prelink support for TLS dialect gnu2
- References: <CAMZr8UrsztX+n5id7cTCR=QD93bHDK7=yj2_ujn0tAbEdkGngQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
ld.so isn't (yet) patched. The patch is for prelink, and mirrors what
is already in
place for ARM. The ld.so appears, to me at least, to already have all the
support in place, although possibly never tested. Up to now prelink just failed
on tls-dialect=gnu2 with an "Unsupported relocation type" error. This only
applies of course objects ending up with type 0x24 relocations, like libstdc++!!
On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 17:02, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Nov 05 2018, Steven Newbury <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The strange thing is the code in glibc which generates this error
> > (sysdeps/x86_64/dl-machine.h) specifically handles R_X86_64_TLSDESC.
> > I can't understand how it is falling through to _dl_reloc_bad_type ()
> > with reloc 0x24 since in both instances the error case shouldn't be
> > reached!
> Are you sure you are running the patched ld.so?
> Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
> GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
> "And now for something completely different."