This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: x86-64 prelink support for TLS dialect gnu2
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Steven Newbury <steven dot newbury at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 18:02:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: x86-64 prelink support for TLS dialect gnu2
- References: <CAMZr8UrsztX+n5id7cTCR=QD93bHDK7=yj2_ujn0tAbEdkGngQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Nov 05 2018, Steven Newbury <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The strange thing is the code in glibc which generates this error
> (sysdeps/x86_64/dl-machine.h) specifically handles R_X86_64_TLSDESC.
> I can't understand how it is falling through to _dl_reloc_bad_type ()
> with reloc 0x24 since in both instances the error case shouldn't be
Are you sure you are running the patched ld.so?
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."