Re: Ping^2 Re: Use gen-libm-test.py to generate ulps table for manual

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> I'll take that and try to get an acknowledgment from each of the
> distributions. I'll email all the maintainers and follow up with
> them (all on libc-alpha) in a new thread starting with the information
> you will put together for me.
>
> I'll also include some of the resolution about the concerns regarding
> building python on an old distribution.

Ping?  I'd like to be able to move the gen-as-const machinery from awk +
sed + makefile logic to python + simpler makefile logic, with a view to it
being the starting point of general python infrastructure for extracting
constants, macros etc. from C headers (there are various existing tests,
e.g. for the syscall list and for signal numbers, that could be rewritten
on top of such shared infrastructure, and I'd like to be able to add a lot
more tests of consistency with uapi headers using such infrastructure).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com