Re: Ping^2 Re: Use gen-libm-test.py to generate ulps table for manual

On 10/1/18 11:06 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, Joseph Myers wrote:

>>> Any conclusions there?
>>>
>>> I'm not sure it really matters for these purposes what a particular
>>> distribution's package pulls in, if they are happy with what works for
>>> them for the distribution build or bootstrap.  The question for us would
>>> be more about what constraints this imposes on distributions in general
>>> (e.g. if it means libffi will be needed for a native build of glibc,
>>> depending on how far the indirect dependencies on ctypes in the Python
>>> standard library go), and whether we are OK with those constraints.  The
>>> dependencies of the minimal distribution packages are simply useful
>>> information for us to help in determining those constraints.
>>
>> Ping.  Any conclusion on this question about indirect dependencies
>> introduced by use of Python?
>
> Another ping on this question....
 Could you help me to gather consensus?

If you could write up the following:

* Exact version of python to use.

* Exact set of imports we need.

I'll take that and try to get an acknowledgment from each of the
distributions. I'll email all the maintainers and follow up with
them (all on libc-alpha) in a new thread starting with the information
you will put together for me.

I'll also include some of the resolution about the concerns regarding
building python on an old distribution.

Carlos.