Re: Use round functions not __round functions in glibc libm [committed]

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> > It's logically correct to let the compiler make such an
> > optimization; an appropriate asm redirection of lroundl to __lroundl
> > is thus added to that file (it's not needed anywhere else).
>
> ... wouldn't it be better to put this redirection in include/math.h
> anyway, so that if it becomes needed in another place in the future,
> we won't have to do anything special to enable it?

That would then also require NO_MATH_REDIRECT to be defined in lots of
files defining lround functions.  Which is not necessarily a bad idea, but
we don't seem to have anywhere else wanting to call lround functions from
within libm and thus benefiting from inlining them, at present.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com