Re: Building Python 3 on old distributions

On Saturday 08 September 2018 03:35 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
Existing tests also use shutil, tempfile, collections, string - I see no
reason why those should be problematic for the glibc build either (and
there are enough modules of generic use in the standard library, without
dependencies on external C libraries, that I'm wary of trying to produce a
short list of modules that are OK in glibc build scripts).

OK, what I mean to suggest is a way to avoid using arbitrary python modules for these scripts (matplotlib for example). If a short list is too cumbersome then we'll just need to be very careful about it during our reviews and specifically mention this caveat somewhere, maybe in a README in $(srcdir)/scripts/.

Siddhesh