Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On May  8, 2018, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> As a GNU package maintainer for glibc you have accepted the responsibility
> to maintain glibc, this includes '5. Recruting Developers', do you believe
> that this joke helps or hinders recruiting developers?

You didn't ask for my opinion, but...

I think it hardly matters.

The tempest in a teapot and the insulting attitude towards another
maintainer, namely Richard Stallman, is certain to push some people
away.  OTOH, in other groups, demeaning him seems to be quite popular,
so it might also attract members of that group, but I really don't think
we want more of those.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer