Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On May  6, 2018, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> I am splitting it into two discussions:

> (1) Discuss the deletion of the abortion/censorship joke.

> (2) Discuss trauma caused by function names and their associations to other
>     languages.

The issues are one and the same.

The deletion of the censorship joke is (allegedly) justified by
undesirable emotions that might allegedly be brought about by the joke,
but its effect on at least one of the persons who shared information
about their own trauma points at the opposite effect: the joke brings
relief, which the deletion would take away.  That's the *opposite* of
the allegedly intended effect of the deletion.  By dismissing that and
pretending it to be a separate discussion you're just making it plain
that you don't really care about the excuses for the deletion.

Since it all seems to be a sham, I'm about to comply with the decision
of the project leader and primary and ultimate maintainer, who partially
delegated maintainership to myself and others under certain constraints,
and proceed to reverse the deletion.

This is also in line with the community-agreed procedures.

It is obvious that we didn't have consensus on a decision to install
that patch, since both sides are still arguing over it.

As for the decision to reverse the deletion, if we even need one to
counter a move that did not have consensus, although nobody else offered
to install the reversal and restore the status prior to the fait
accompli, and some explicitly refused to do so themselves, nobody
objected when I offered to do so.  Therefore, by the same reasoning that
led to the mistaken installation of the patch, and after a much longer
wait for objections, I understand there is consensus on my reverting it.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer