Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On 05/04/2018 09:50 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
As the head of the GNU Project, I am in charge of what we publish
in GNU manuals.  I decide the criteria to decide by, too.

I assume you have commit access then, so please feel free to reinstate the change with your ID and let it be known that you do that despite objection from the glibc community.

Maybe the consensus[1] doc in the wiki also needs to be modified to reflect that reality:

'''
The GNU C Library project is mostly a consensus-based community-driven project.

Consensus: General agreement, characterized by the absence of sustained opposition to substantial issues by an important part of the concerned interests and by a process that involves seeking to take into account the views of all parties concerned and to reconcile any conflicting arguments. Consensus need not imply unanimity. Although it is necessary for developer work to progress speedily, sufficient time is required for the discussion, negotiation and resolution of significant technical disagreements. Developers need to ensure discipline with respect to release schedules in order to avoid long review times. Similarly, to avoid re-discussion, developers have the responsibility of ensuring that their contribution takes into account all interests concerned, and that this standpoint is made clear at an early stage of the work rather than, for example, in a final patch or commit. (Language based loosely on the ISO definition).

An exception to the criteria of consensus is the case where general consensus in the community offends the dear leader of the GNU Project in any way.
'''

Siddhesh

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Consensus