Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On 05/03/2018 10:06 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
As a GNU Developer for the community I OK'd the patch.

As a GNU Developer I answer to the GNU Project.

I also apologize for not contacting you directly.

This does not change my position on the joke and it's relation to
abortion and censorship.

A large group of developers, serious senior developers, at least 3
project stewards (GNU Developers for the project), are indicating
that they do not share your same view on the joke. Please consider
their input and work with me to reach a consensus position.

The underlying notions that the joke tries to express are important
and I am more than willing to engage with you and Alex to write
new text and put it back into the manual to meet our needs to
express a viewpoint on censorship.

Let me propose another the following patch for discussion. It is
*not* a @cartouche, and will therefore be visible in all of our
info and html files (which is better IMO).

2018-05-03  Carlos O'Donell  <carlos@systemhalted.org>

	* manual/intro.texi (Government Censorship): New node.

That still doesn't make it any more relevant to the GNU project, let alone glibc. I agree that it may be relevant to the FSF, but does that mean that I can submit patches to add snippets about privacy invasions and/or human rights violations in India given that I am an active GNU contributor?

We probably agree on a lot of political and social issues (not that it is even necessary), but the manual is just not the forum for it.

Siddhesh