Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke

On 05/02/2018 08:41 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
Since you understand it wasn't right to delete this without my
approval, would you please undo that mistake?

I don't think your approval was necessary for removal since active reviewers involved demonstrated adequate consensus at the time. Since you have an objection to the removal after the fact, we can discuss the possibility of reverting the change without actually reverting (since there is still sufficient opposition to the joke) since it does not break builds and/or halt development in any way other than mildly distracting people from hacking.

As for the change itself, I dislike the idea of injecting unrelated political ideology into the manual just for the heck of it. I think it risks diluting the main political message we want to get across, i.e. freedom of expression through the software we write and/or use.

That said, the political issue in question doesn't affect me in any significant way in a long or short term given that I don't live in that country, so I care as much about abortion laws in the US as the average US citizen cares about AFSPA or UIDAI in India.

Siddhesh