This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Richard Stallman <rms at gnu dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 16:17:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] Delete abortion joke
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <E1fDLZU-00076y-KO@fencepost.gnu.org>
* Richard Stallman:
> The point of this joke is even more important now than it was when I
> first wrote it. Please do not remove it.
But is it a joke?
It is easily interpreted in such a way that we, the glibc developers,
share the view that the U.S. government is actively suppressing
certain voices and positions on societal issues. This view is common
among groups which are diametrically opposed to most of your personal
political views (I assume, after a quick glance at stallman.org). I
think it is very wrong legitimize claims of such groups about
U.S. government suppression in any way, and I'm surprised that you