Re: RFC: remove the "tile" architecture from glibc

On 31/01/2018 17:29, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> On 31/01/2018 16:15, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> On 01/31/2018 06:37 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
>>> The 2.27 release is due out tomorrow.  So far, no test results for tile
>>> have been posted at <https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.27> - and
>>> the same applies to sh and ia64, which also had some interest in them
>>> expressed in this thread.  Are you, or other people you're working with
>>> who have interest in those architectures, working on having results for
>>> those architectures for 2.27 for the wiki page (regenerating libm test
>>> ulps first and getting that regeneration checked in if there would
>>> otherwise be tests failing only because of lack of updated ulps)?
>>
>> I don't have access to tile hardware at the moment, but sh4 and ia64.
>>
>> Adhemerval has access to the sparc64, sh4 and ia64 boxes as well and
>> he said he would be working on the ia64 stuff.
>
> I will work on ia64 and sh4 results this week.

ia64 seems to be in a good shape with only two issues which requires further
investigation (nptl/tst-cancel21-static and stdlib/tst-makecontext3 and
for the later I think it is a long-standing issue).

However the math tests seems to shows a lot of corner cases issues which
has been fixed in generic implementations. As I commented with Jason Duerstock,
John Paul Adrian, and James Clarke in a private thread I think easier solution
for 2.28 is we remove the arch-specific faulty ia64 math implementation and
use the generic ones. If performance is an issue we reimplement and fixed
them if it is the case.