Re: glibc 2.27: 3 weeks till release

On 01/10/2018 07:44 PM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> + libidn2-based IDNA implementation [3]
>
> This qualifies as security bug fixes.

It is my opinion that this change should be deferred until the 2.28
branch opens after the release.

While I agree that moving IDNA to libidn2 solves a *lot* of problems
it may also introduce subtle differences that might cause application
regressions and we will want time to fix those.

I suggest that we, Fedora, as a downstream, adopt this patch ourselves
and begin testing it immediately in Fedora Rawhide. If everything
goes well we should check it into 2.28 when it opens or shortly after,
and that will give us the broadest testing window.

Carlos.