Re: glibc 2.27: 3 weeks till release

On 01/10/2018 07:44 PM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have 3 weeks till the planned release date.
>
> * There are no release blockers listed in the release page[1], that is,
> either we have no blockers or we haven't recognized them yet.
> I suppose the latter is more likely explanation, so please
> put them on the page.
>
> * There are 4 features listed as desirable in the release page:
>
> + Month names in alternative grammatical case
>
> Very little has changed for the last two weeks, but Carlos volunteered
> to review this series.

I have completed this review. The only remaining issue left is for
Rafal to add a few more tests, and explain the missing ABALTMON_*
definitions under _GNU_SOURCE. I think we'll get this checked in tomorrow.

> + C11 threads
>
> This seems to be waiting for review for many weeks.
> Are we still pursuing this?

I will review this next.

> + Istvan Kurucsai's malloc security patches
>
> Likewise, are we still pursuing this?

I don't have time to review these. If someone else would like to review
them they can.

> + RISC-V port
>
> The shared part has been committed, all the rest doesn't affect other
> architectures.
>
> * There are issues not listed in the release page that change ABI:
>
> + Implement allocate_once [2]
>
> This is close to be committed.

I reviewed this and it's complete, I have no real objections, only
some questions about the failure semantics. I expect we'll get this
committed tomorrow.

> + libidn2-based IDNA implementation [3]
>
> This qualifies as security bug fixes.

I will be reviewing this after the C11 threads review.

> + Regression caused by setjmp changes [4]
>
> There is going to be another ABI change if these changes are reverted.

Florian, Would you be able to review these changes while I review yours?

> [1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.27
> [2] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00288.html
> [3] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00335.html
> [4] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00268.html