This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] support: Define support_static_assert for use from C and C++
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:25:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] support: Define support_static_assert for use from C and C++
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20171231192358.7F97E401BC22B@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
Florian Weimer wrote:
+/* Static assertion, under a common name for both C++ and C11. */
+# define support_static_assert static_assert
+# define support_static_assert _Static_assert
Wouldn't it be simpler to do this?
# define _Static_assert static_assert
and then use _Static_assert everywhere? Or do it the other way around. It seems
odd to introduce yet another name "support_static_assert" for this concept.