This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 01/15] RISC-V: Build Infastructure
- From: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>, Darius Rad <darius at bluespec dot com>, dj at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 12:58:03 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/15] RISC-V: Build Infastructure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 04:44:28 PST (-0800), firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
If I understand what's going on correctly here, we support exceptions in the
soft float ABI when built with hardware floating point instructions, but
otherwise we don't (we're always round nearest). I believe that means we need
to set "with_fp_cond=1" when building with hardware floating point (regardless
of ABI), and "with_fp_cond=0" otherwise.
Does this look sane?
Yes, but it needs to go along with having a nofpu sysdeps directory or
directories with an Implies file or files pointing to ieee754/soft-fp
(make sure that the soft-float configurations do end up with
ieee754/soft-fp before other ieee754 directories in their sysdeps
OK. I think we might need to reorganize our directories a bit to do that, but
I'll try and figure something sane out.
> > +abi-ilp32-options := -D__SIZEOF_INT__=4
> abi-* options variables are no longer used with the current bits/syscall.h
> generation mechanism, so you should remove all settings of such variables
> from the patch.
OK, we'll remove them for the v3.
To be clear, abi-*-condition variables are still needed (used in
generating gnu/lib-names.h, for example); it's just abi-*-options that are
Thanks -- I noticed that when going through the commit history to see what
other ports had done here.