This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 01/15] RISC-V: Build Infastructure
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>, Darius Rad <darius at bluespec dot com>, <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 12:44:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/15] RISC-V: Build Infastructure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mhng-9dd0816f-ac7e-48ef-9dc5-f0c7a98c7092@palmer-si-x1c4>
On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> If I understand what's going on correctly here, we support exceptions in the
> soft float ABI when built with hardware floating point instructions, but
> otherwise we don't (we're always round nearest). I believe that means we need
> to set "with_fp_cond=1" when building with hardware floating point (regardless
> of ABI), and "with_fp_cond=0" otherwise.
> Does this look sane?
Yes, but it needs to go along with having a nofpu sysdeps directory or
directories with an Implies file or files pointing to ieee754/soft-fp
(make sure that the soft-float configurations do end up with
ieee754/soft-fp before other ieee754 directories in their sysdeps
> > > +abi-ilp32-options := -D__SIZEOF_INT__=4
> > abi-* options variables are no longer used with the current bits/syscall.h
> > generation mechanism, so you should remove all settings of such variables
> > from the patch.
> OK, we'll remove them for the v3.
To be clear, abi-*-condition variables are still needed (used in
generating gnu/lib-names.h, for example); it's just abi-*-options that are
Joseph S. Myers