This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Linux x86/x86_64: <sys/ptrace.h> does not provide some request constants [BZ #22433]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Balao <mbalao at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 22:50:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Linux x86/x86_64: <sys/ptrace.h> does not provide some request constants [BZ #22433]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Martin Balao wrote:
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/sys/ptrace.h: New file.
> Constants added: PTRACE_GET_THREAD_AREA,
> PTRACE_ARCH_PRCTL, PTRACE_SYSEMU and PTRACE_SYSEMU_SINGLESTEP.
There must never be any installed headers specific to x86_64 or i386,
because headers installed for one multilib configuration may be used for
all three. Thus, you need a single header for x86, and if there are any
differences between x86_64 (64-bit), x86_64 (x32) and i386, that header
must contain appropriate conditionals.
Joseph S. Myers