This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RISC-V glibc port v2
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>, Darius Rad <darius at bluespec dot com>, <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 20:42:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: RISC-V glibc port v2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mhng-02b41a27-5e72-45f2-8c2b-17968eca5185@palmer-si-x1c4>
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> > But you also define dynamic linker names for the "f" ABI variants (lp64f,
> > ilp32f), so, as per my previous comments, those should be built by
> > build-many-glibcs.py and included in at least some testing.
> Oh, sorry -- lp64f and ilp32f aren't going to be supported in glibc/Linux,
> just to reduce the number of ABI combinations. I'll remove them from the v3.
That's fine, just make sure configure or preconfigure fragments give an
error if you try to build with such an ABI variant (and then any other
support for those ABIs can be removed or turn into errors as well).
Joseph S. Myers