This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 03/17] Regex: Bracket call to __libc_lock_define inside ifdef.
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Arnold Robbins <arnold at skeeve dot com>, carlos at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 14:24:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/17] Regex: Bracket call to __libc_lock_define inside ifdef.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201712080916.vB89GxlM005495@skeeve.com>
On 12/08/2017 01:16 AM, Arnold Robbins wrote:
This patch brackets a call to __libc_lock_define inside the correct ifdef.
2017-11-27 Arnold D. Robbins <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* posix/regex_internal.h (re_dfa_t): Bracket call to
__libc_lock_define insidef ifdef _LIBC.
The commit message should explain the actual problem here, which is that
the current code passes an empty argument to a macro, and this does not
conform to C89 and some older compilers reject it. Also, the change
should remove the now-unused #define for __libc_lock_define when _LIBC
is not defined. In short, I suggest something like the following change
This is already in Gnulib.