This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PING] [PATCH 00/17] Regex: Make libc regex more usable outside GLIBC
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Gnulib bugs <bug-gnulib at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 09:43:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PING] [PATCH 00/17] Regex: Make libc regex more usable outside GLIBC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201712191236.vBJCaDnV028307@freefriends.org> <email@example.com>
On 12/19/2017 04:52 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
Again, my understanding is we still aim to keep it in sync with gnulib,
so I think we should first integrate with current gnulib code on glibc
side (in same approach as we did for current glob changes).
As I understand it, Arnold's patches are against glibc. Arnold, would it
be too much trouble to rebase them against gnulib instead? I could take
a look at the result. I expect that many (most?) of these changes are
already in Gnulib, so the result should be easier for you to generate
than the original (and also be easier for me to review).
CC:ing this to bug-gnulib. For gnulib readers, this thread starts here: