This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-static-pie variants to x86_64, x32 and i686
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 02:05:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add --enable-static-pie variants to x86_64, x32 and i686
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20171219010956.GA3478@gmail.com>
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Since the default GCC and binutils versions used by build-many-glibcs.py,
> which are GCC 7 branch and binutils 2.29 branch, support static PIE on
> x86_64, x32 and i686, this patch adds --enable-static-pie glibc variants
> to x86_64, x32 and i686 to get some coverage for static PIE.
> Tested with build-many-glibcs.py.
> OK for master?
Joseph S. Myers