This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH] Update NEWS with aarch64 static pie support
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:48:52 +0000
- Subject: [PATCH] Update NEWS with aarch64 static pie support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
is this ok?
>From 813b72b887a4696014d234d19635ec148c6bb461 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Szabolcs Nagy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 11:47:14 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] Update NEWS with aarch64 static pie support
The required binutils patches are not in a released version yet, but
glibc has support for static linked pie on aarch64 since commit
NEWS | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 0670585b4c..a43ff26e83 100644
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@ Major new features:
memory and performance. When the library is built with --enable-static-pie
the resulting libc.a is usable with GCC 8 and above to create static PIE
executables using the GCC option '-static-pie'. This feature is currently
- supported on i386, x86_64 and x32.
+ supported on i386, x86_64, x32 and aarch64.
* Optimized x86-64 asin, atan2, exp, expf, log, pow, atan, sin, cosf,
sinf and tan with FMA, contributed by Arjan van de Ven and H.J. Lu