This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #11787] Fix stack guard size accounting
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 10:28:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #11787] Fix stack guard size accounting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <5A2FE5ED.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 12/12/17 14:21, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> Previously if user requested S stack and G guard when creating a
> thread, the total mapping was S and the actual available stack was
> S - G - static_tls, which is not what the user requested.
> This patch fixes the guard size accounting by pretending the user
> requested S + G stack. This way all later logic works out except
> when reporting the user requested stack size (pthread_getattr_np)
> or when computing the minimal stack size (__pthread_get_minstack).
> Normally this will increase thread stack allocations by one page.
> TLS accounting is not affected, that will require a separate fix.
> 2017-12-12 Szabolcs Nagy <email@example.com>
> [BZ #11787]
> * nptl/allocatestack.c (allocate_stack): Add guardsize to stacksize.
> * nptl/nptl-init.c (__pthread_get_minstack): Remove guardsize from
> * nptl/pthread_getattr_np.c (pthread_getattr_np): Likewise.