This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Fwd: Remove old po/ code for copying .po files from shared directory
- From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 17:29:55 -0500
- Subject: Fwd: Remove old po/ code for copying .po files from shared directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <CAHdAatZYw2pJ2CmZWFS-NAEjeToTNaXoEnNR0nPSdJe1OLsZrw@mail.gmail.com> <CAHdAatZMHaorWdZK-mE0-1o1CbocVR8qftF2zo2vzd8k8hv_UQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> po/Makefile has both old code for copying .po files from a shared
> directory /com/share/ftp/gnu/po/maint/glibc (presumably once present
> on some GNU server), and new code for downloading them from the
> Translation Project. This patch removes the old code, leading only
> the new code.
Why is the glibc PO file hosted on the Translation Project instead of
TP has only 90-odd languages (and only 35 with glibc projects) and
DamendLies has 190-odd languages.
Is it a re-licensing / copyright waiver collection thing?