This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Status of glibc on pre-v9 SPARC
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:45:04 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Status of glibc on pre-v9 SPARC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Joseph Myers <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 17:20:34 +0000
> Is this something that is still intended to be fixed? Or should pre-v9
> 32-bit SPARC be considered like the original i386, i.e. too little atomic
> operation support so should no longer be supported with v9 being made the
> official minimum supported by glibc?
I would really like to fix it and began work on a kernel call that would
allow emulating CAS when the cpu lacks the instruction.
Also, LEON cpus have CAS in hardware and are pre-v9.
I can try to get on top of this work again, but no promises.