This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Status of glibc on pre-v9 SPARC
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <davem at davemloft dot net>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 17:20:34 +0000
- Subject: Status of glibc on pre-v9 SPARC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Since at least
Author: Torvald Riegel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Wed Jun 24 14:37:32 2015 +0200
Commit: Torvald Riegel <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Fri Jan 15 21:20:34 2016 +0100
New pthread_barrier algorithm to fulfill barrier destruction requirements.
building glibc for pre-v9 32-bit SPARC has been broken because
sysdeps/sparc/sparc32/pthread_barrier_wait.c just contains a #error.
Is this something that is still intended to be fixed? Or should pre-v9
32-bit SPARC be considered like the original i386, i.e. too little atomic
operation support so should no longer be supported with v9 being made the
official minimum supported by glibc?
Joseph S. Myers