This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] nptl: Add pthread_thread_number_np function
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 21:24:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nptl: Add pthread_thread_number_np function
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20171214185611.D08E1439942EA@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
On 12/14/2017 07:56 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
The implementation is actually in libc.so. With a full implementation
of pthread_self in libc.so, pthread_thread_number_np is completely
usable without libpthread.
And once again, I forgot the NEWS entry.
I should say that this is something completely different from gettid,
and by itself usable for logging, certain concurrency-related
algorithms, and writing DRBGs (where the current thread's number can be
used to ensure that different threads get different bit sequences).