This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Use memcpy instead of strncpy in nscd/nscd.h to fix build problem with ToT GCC
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at cavium dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 21:26:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Use memcpy instead of strncpy in nscd/nscd.h to fix build problem with ToT GCC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> The latest ToT GCC is warning about the use of strncpy in nscd/nscd.h.
> The strncpy is intentionally truncating a string so the warning is not
> really useful in this instance. Joseph suggested changing it to
> a memcpy and that seems to work fine. I built glibc with ToT GCC
> using this patch and ran the glibc test with no regressions on aarch64.
> OK to checkin?
Joseph S. Myers