This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add Aarch64 SVE defines
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Alan Hayward <Alan dot Hayward at arm dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 19:02:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add Aarch64 SVE defines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <526853D2-E90B-4206-89B9-D9AAF33D2448@arm.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 08/12/17 14:59, Alan Hayward wrote:
> This patch adds Aarch64 SVE specific defines to glibc.
> The Linux kernel changes for Aarch64 SVE have recently been pulled
> into the head:
> Although not due to be in a kernel release until early 2018, we'd
> like to make sure any glibc changes are ready for a similar time.
> I haven't run any testsuites as the changes are should not effect them.
> Is this ok?
> 2017-12-08 Alan Hayward <email@example.com>
> * elf/elf.h: Add NT_ARM_SVE.
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/hwcap.h: Add HWCAP_SVE.
nowadays these files need to be updated as well:
glibc release is in february so we have more time,
ideally we would wait for the kernel release.