This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Remove --with-fp / --without-fp
- From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:38:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: Remove --with-fp / --without-fp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/12/2017 03:35 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
This patch eliminates --without-fp, replacing it entirely by automatic
configuration based on the compiler. Configurations for which this is
relevant (coldfire / mips / powerpc32 / sh) define a variable
with_fp_cond in their preconfigure fragments (under the same
conditions under which those fragments do anything); this is a
preprocessor conditional which the toplevel configure script then uses
in a test to determine which sysdeps directories to use.
Sounds reasonable to me. I could test that on PowerPC e500v2 which is
an architecture which requires glibc to be configured with "--without-fp"
I actually always wondered why this option had to be passed to configure
instead of just letting it check the build environment itself and configure
the option accordingly.
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' : Debian Developer - email@example.com
`. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - firstname.lastname@example.org
`- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913