This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ToT build problem with nextafterl/nexttowardl (when using ToT GCC)
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at cavium dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com, Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 12:01:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: ToT build problem with nextafterl/nexttowardl (when using ToT GCC)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Steve dot Ellcey at cavium dot com;
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <5A2AED2E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sellcey at cavium dot com
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 19:51 +0000, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> looks like a gcc bug to me:
> an implementation may provide stricter guarantee (const)
> than what the compiler assumes for the builtins (pure).
> (and i thought functions that may set errno are not pure)
The program in question is being compiled with -fno-math-errno.