This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 11/17] Regex: Remove leading __ on parameter names in
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Arnold Robbins <arnold at skeeve dot com>
- Cc: <carlos at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 11:22:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 11/17] Regex: Remove leading __ on parameter names in
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201712080916.vB89Gxt5005511@skeeve.com>
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Arnold Robbins wrote:
> This patch removes the leading '__' on parameter names in the
> various function declarations in regex.h.
This is an installed header and must be namespace-clean. Unless it is
specifically part of the documented API for that header (much of which
comes from POSIX) that symbol names such as "buffer", "pattern" and
"length" are reserved by the header and must not be defined as macros by
the user before it's included, such changes are incorrect.
Joseph S. Myers