This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 00/17] Regex: Make libc regex more usable outside GLIBC.
- From: Arnold Robbins <arnold at skeeve dot com>
- To: carlos at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:16:59 +0200
- Subject: [PATCH 00/17] Regex: Make libc regex more usable outside GLIBC.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Following is a series of patches whose intent is to make the regex
routines easier to use outside of GLIBC. They are culled from the
version of regex in gawk. I have been carrying many of them forward
for many years.
The last time I tried to submit my changes they were rejected since I
sent them as one batch; I was told to break them out into individual
one-item patches. I have finally done so.
I have signed paperwork for GLIBC with the FSF, so that's not an issue.
I've done my best to follow the contribution guidelines. If not everything
is perfect, please meet me half way. I don't have a lot of time to polish
these patches to perfection. As it is, this took me several hours to do
and get right.
It would be a big help to me, as the gawk maintainer, to see as many
of these patches as possible added to GLIBC.
Please cc me on any responses, I am not on the libc-alpha mailing list.
The Gawk Guy