This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64: Improve strcmp unaligned performance
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:08:45 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64: Improve strcmp unaligned performance
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <CA+=Sn1m=R3SpkqTzUNgP1zr_yceYBUUH9Q8MSHnhRraXb3NZAA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: siddhesh at sourceware dot org
On Friday 01 December 2017 12:25 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On at least Cavium OcteonTX T81 and T83 (and ThunderX1 T88), this
> might be slower as any
> unaligned load/stores have a 9 cycle penalty. I will double check
> this next week.
> What this means is I will propose a strcmp version for OcteonTX and
> ThunderX1 above this patch if I find it is slower.
Hi Andrew, were you able to test this?