This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc64*: diverge sysdeps directories
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gabriel at inconstante dot eti dot br>
- To: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 18:16:59 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc64*: diverge sysdeps directories
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 06 Dec 2017, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
>I disagree with the subject of this patch: it is not diverging directories.
>The powerpc64le implementation diverged when the powerpc64le directory was
>created in the commit you mentioned.
>You can say that you are:
> 1. Fixing the order of the sysdeps directories that were broken in the same
> commit you already mentioned. This breakage doesn't impact negatively
> the current code, but causes issues when new files are added to the
> powerpc64le directory.
> 2. Preparing to add more files to the powerpc64le directory that must not
> be shared with powerpc or powerpc64, but must be reused by many powerpc64le
Indeed, the main idea behind this patch is to make the separation between
powerpc64 and powerpc64le more clear when looking at the structure of the
directories, as well as allow them to have conflicting implementations.
It happened to be part of the requirements for the use of the alias
mechanism for _FloatN types, which I had in mind.